Share the Fun! Club
Come “share the fun” with some new friends at this free after school program. Our program supervisor will lead children through a variety of interactive gym games, arts & crafts, homework help, and more.
Summit students, grades 3 – 8
- Mondays – Fridays
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- @ Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue
- Fee - Free, registration required.
LEGO ROBOTICS OCEANS
- Tuesdays, February 28 – April 4
- 5:00-6:00 in the Benson Room
- $155 for children in Grades K-5
During Ocean Missions students are introduced to the world of robotics through building and programming as it relates to real-world issues in ocean exploration. Students will build a basic robot that they will use for the remainder of the course. They will use this robot to save a dolphin trapped in an oil spill, repair a broken pipeline, grasp and position a submarine and even navigate a maze of seaweed to find sunken treasure!
JUNIOR SCRATCH PROGRAMING/MAKEY MAKEY
- Wednesdays, March 22 – May 3 [SKIP 4/12] (6 Weeks)
- 4:30-5:30PM in the Benson Room
- $155 for children Grades K-4
When your favorite song comes on the radio do you sit quietly or do you dance around and play the air drum solo? In Musical Adventures With Scratch and Makey Makey, we are going to explore how different sounds are created and we will create our own interpretations of common musical instruments like drums, piano, guitar, and even a recorder, and we will create our very own dancing program, all through the use of Makey Makey and Scratch to bring our music to life! The last day will end with a bang, or at least a great mini concert from all our students!
ALL ABOUT DECORATING AND BAKING
- Wednesdays, March 22 - May 3 [SKIP 4/12] (6 Weeks)
- 6:00-7:30PM in the Benson Room
- $195 for children ages 8 and up
Join Sweet Samantha for an incredible learning experience in All about Decorating and Baking. Six weeks of hands on projects including featuring an emoji cake, puppy cupcakes, along with so much more – PLUS scratch baking, candy making, decorating and more! Each week, students will complete and take home a tasty and fabulous treat along with its recipe.
- Thursdays, February 16 – April 27 [SKIP 4/13] (10 Weeks)
- 5:00-6:00 in the Guida Gymnasium
- $130 for children 5-15
Our Karate class is a unique approach to an ancient discipline. Your child will be taught through fun, educational games that build focus, self-esteem and attention. It's just the right mix of fitness, fun and self-discipline.
MINECRAFT MEDIEVAL REDSTONE
- Thursdays, February 23 – March 30
- 6:30-7:30 in the Benson Room
- $155 for children in Grades 3-8
MinecraftEDU is an expansive game that lets players design and create unique worlds with amazing structures. One of the more complicated aspects of MinecraftEDU is Redstone, which is MinecraftEDU’s version of electrical circuitry. This class will introduce students to the many uses of Redstone through a Medieval themed adventure of creation, exploration, and castle besieging, with students making mine cart tracks to help them gather resources, working together to build their kingdom, and designing traps to defend their castle, all with the use of Redstone. Wifi is required for Minecraft
TRACK AND FIELD SENIOR SQUIRTS
- Saturdays, April 22 – June 17 [SKIP 5/27]
- 2:30-3:30 in the Guida Gymnasium
- $165 for children ages 6, 7 and 8
Throughout the program players will focus on improving their technique and developing fundamental skills in running, jumping and throwing.